April 14, 2021
GMS Parents, Guardians, & Students:
Next week is school vacation. Take some time to rest and do the things you enjoy doing with your family. We will be hard at work next week preparing for the return of students who have been on the waiting list for in-person learning. At this time we have approximately 75% of our students learning in-person with the remaining 25% learning remotely.
In order to help set up your student for a successful day at school we ask that each student comes to school with a fully charged Chromebook, the charging cord and a refillable water bottle. We have newly installed bottle fill stations that have replaced the traditional water bubblers and unfortunately we do not have bottles or cups to give to students.
Testing windows for MCAS have been released by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. For students in Grade 5, the testing window is from May 10th-June 11th.
For students in Grades 6 & 7, the testing window is from May 17th- June 11th.
Students in grade 5 will be given one test section for each of these 3 subject areas: English, Language Arts, math and science.
Students in Grades 6 and 7 will be given one test section in ELA and one test section in math.
More details will be shared with families after April vacation.
Dates to be aware of:
April 16th- No school for students
April 19th-23rd- April vacation
April 26th- Classes resume
Spring Sports Have Returned!
We are happy to announce the registration for the upcoming Spring athletic season is now open.
Follow the link below to sign up for:
MS Track and Field
Any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gardner Public Schools and the Special Education Parent Advisory Council welcomes parents and professionals to attend a workshop on Basic Rights: Evaluation and Eligibility to be held on April 29th. Please see the flier below for further information
Basic Rights: Evaluation and Eligibility
GARDNER MIDDLE SCHOOL CHORUS IS BACK!
Please use the link below to learn more about this exciting program Mr. Zuaro is offering to our students.
Gardner Middle School Chorus
The Gardner Recreation Department is hosting a Floor Hockey Camp beginning on April 5th and a Field Hockey Camp beginning on May 6th. Please see the fliers linked below for more information.
Floor Hockey Camp
Field Hockey Camp
Please see below for an important message regarding this year's Summer Recreation program. Should you have any questions, please email Recreation@gardner-ma.gov.
See below for our pre-registration process for this year's Summer programming! We are beyond excited to announce expansions in several aspects of our programming including, but not limited to: full and half day options, options for Kindergarten and first grade, meals, extended pick up and drop off, and an expanded assortment of activity offerings.
The programming is available to Gardner residents, and GPS students who will be entering kindergarten through 7th grade next year. Please note that space for our youngest group (K-1) will be extremely limited as we grow the program, so don't wait to pre-register!
The weekly core pricing of $25 (half day) and $50 (full day) provides access to a daily schedule of activities ranging from sports, to gardening, to arts and crafts, and much more.
Every week, we will be adding minicamp style clinics that students (grades 2-7) can opt into for a small fee, and spend their time on a specific activity for the duration of the week (more aligned with our camp experience from 2019). These will become available as we progress towards our first day of camp, and available only to those who have pre-registered.
Some additional details:
The programming will run weekly from 7/5 through 8/13
Full day programming will run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Half day programming will be available for grades 2-4 from 9am to 12pm, and for grades 5-7 from 1-4pm.
Kindergarten and first grade will have the option of either half day block, or full day.
Extended pickup and dropoff will be available from 8-9am, and 4-6pm
Please click the link below for additional info, and the pre-registration questionnaire.
See the attached link and flier for our latest minicamp offering from the recreation department! We will be hosting a 5 week football mini camp for students ages 5-12. This is a non-contact, co-ed clinic for anyone interested in learning more about the game. No equipment required
Contact Dan Forte at email@example.com with any questions.
Trio Talent Search
Click the link below to learn more about the services offered through this program
Trio Talent Search
The Wildcat Wagon Neighborhood Delivery for All Virtual Learners (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday):
This service will continue for our remote learners
* 1:10 - 1:20 pm Corner of Cross St. & Pine St. * 1:50 - 2 pm Manca Dr. Cul-de-Sac
* 1:25 - 1:35 pm Monument Park * 2:05 - 2:15 pm South Gardner
Keep Smiling and Go Wildcats!
Arthur Murphy, Principal
Gardner Middle School