As we continue to see COVID cases rise here in the City and surrounding communities, the Gardner Board of Health would like to remind residents to remain vigilant and follow best practices to protect yourself and others from contracting or spreading the virus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to others as the virus is mainly spread from person-to-person.
- Please avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home if you are feeling sick. This is extremely important!
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet away from others if you must go out in public. Remember that people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus.
- Wear a cloth face covering to cover your mouth and nose when around others.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands often, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands and cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Monitor your health daily and be alert of symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COIVD-19. This is especially important if you are running essential errands, going into the office or workplace, and in settings where it may be difficult to keep a physical distance of 6 feet. Follow CDC guidelines if symptoms develop.
It is very important for everyone to work together to prevent community spread of COVID-19. Please help us by doing your part to keep yourself and the community safe and healthy.