- City Hall
- Departments A-G
- Building Department
- Online Permit Applications
Online Permit Applications
The City of Gardner is now using online permit and license tracking via Viewpoint Cloud for all BUILDING, ELECTRICAL, AND PLUMBING, GAS, and VACANT/ABANDONED PROPERTY PERMITS . It's a web based system that allows the public to apply and track the permitting and licensing process from start to finish.
First-time users must create an account in Viewpoint Cloud. You may then apply for (or renew) a permit or license, and pay using a debit or credit card (fee updates coming). You may also print your application and mail payment. You will receive email updates of the progress of your application. In many cases, your permit or license will be emailed to you once approved. Tag sale permits can be printed immediately from your home.
All permit applications must now be accompanied by the Mandatory Good Standing Certification (all accessable via the online permitting)
- Permits can be paid for online OR you can also pay in person with a check, room 101, City Hall Annex
Tips and Tricks
- Passwords must have at least 8 characters and include 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter and 1 digit.
- If you have a Viewpoint Cloud account with another community it will also work for the City of Gardner.
Go to https://gardnerma.viewpointcloud.com
In our office you will see an icon Home Viewpoint cloud just click there.
If you’re logging in for the first time:
- Select signup
- Enter in your email address
- Enter in what you’d like your password to be.(Note: passwords must have at least 8 characters and include 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter and 1 digit.)
If you’ve previously registered here or with another community:
- Enter in your email address and password (Note: If you do not remember your credentials, click on “Don’t remember your password”.)
- Once you’re logged in, follow the steps on each page to complete the application.
DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OUT WHEN YOU ARE DONE
What happens next?
Since your application is electronic, you can monitor the status online and you will also receive notifications via email as the application is reviewed and processed. Once the permit is issued you will be able to print it. As a user you have the ability to login to ViewPoint from anywhere to view your application.